Monday, April 28, 2014

April Showers Bring May Flowers!


Or in the South's case... tornados! Ugh. We are under a tornado watch and I thankfully was able to distract myself a bit from the weather to finish up this layout and share with you guys. 

Last week on the blog, we had lots of "rainy day" themed projects, so it's only natural we brighten these week up with some cute flowers! 

I decided to go with the beautiful soft, watercolor colors from the Carousel kit  (sold out- if you missed it, you may want to check out getting an awesome deal on a subscription!) and make some cute flower accents for this birthday celebration page. 

I created them by doing long stripes on sheet music with my gelatos, then brushing water over them and letting them dry. Next, I cut out wonky circles and adhered them. Black paint was added with a small brush for definition, and my white uniball gel pen  (aka the BEST PEN EVER) for some little doodles. To make them really pop, I added little bits of mod podge around the flowers and sprinkled on some of the Wow glitter from the kit. I think they are adorable! 

 I really like how they look paired with the vellum flowers from the kit. So pretty and feminine! 


Make sure you never miss out on another NM kit again! 


1 comment:

beckyjune said...

Those flowers are beautiful!