Friday, March 28, 2014

Downtown Disney

Hello, creative folk! Jana Eubank here. This week I pulled out a few snapshots from our last trip to Anaheim, California. The first night we were there, we took a stroll around Downtown Disney. My kids were in especially goofy moods, and I snapped several fun pictures of them getting into the "vacation spirit." That's where the March Wishing Well Kit came into play. I wanted to get all of these pictures onto one page, but needed a way to organize them. The Jillibean kraft polaroid frames were the perfect solution.


I printed the photos at wallet size, adhere the frame to them, and then trimmed the excess photo portion away with scissors. The words on some of the polaroid frames are backed with gray cardstock to make them easier to read. I had three frames that were blank. To these I added yellow patterned paper, and pink Mickey Mouse heads cut out using my Silhouette machine and embossed with a Swiss dots embossing folder.


Next, I placed the polaroid pictures into three rows. The top two rows are anchored with strips of pink/white striped paper. I also used the striped paper as a baseline for the words in my title. I just love how the glittery letters add that magical Disney feel to this page!


I used the My Mind's Eye number stickers on each of the photos. At the bottom of the page is a journaling strip with correlating numbers explaining a bit about each photo.


I was nervous about how so many colorful photos might look combined together on one page, but the neutral color of the kraft polaroid frames pulled everything together.

Do you have some vacation pictures that need scrapping? Why not tackle them this weekend using the Wishing Well kit?!

Happy scrapping!


No comments: