Thursday, February 6, 2014

All You Need Is Love

I've seen lots of hand-cut lettering recently on Pinterest and thought it might be fun to try my hand at it while creating this framed gift for Valentine's Day.  The frame is 10" by 10" and I printed out six 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" pics to go along the top and bottom of the project.  The new Book of Love kit is full of some great patterned papers that were perfect for my letters.  I found it looks better if you use a large variety of colors & prints - it adds to that eclectic feel :)

 photo allu_zps8196d33b.jpg

After gluing down all the letters, I used a toothbrush and some paint to add all the specks of white you see below.  It added some nice, subtle texture to the project.  Then I machine-stitched through each line of text and added in a few of those adorable wood hearts from the kit.

 photo allucu_zpsd00917b7.jpg

The frame was simple to make and would be a great way to use up your scraps!!  I'd love to see your own version of hand-cut lettering - feel free to share with us on our Facebook page :)

2 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

this is so awesome! love it!

MichelleB said...

This is fabulous! Love the patterned paper letters and black and white photos!