Friday, September 6, 2013

On Being The New Kid

Hello everyone!!  Continuing on with this week's theme of children's books, I have a layout to share about how my son's current fave helped him at school :)  In addition to the theme this week, I decided to challenge myself even more by limiting myself to using only paper - yep, you heard me right, just paper!!  No pre-made bulky embellishments or tags or enamel dots or buttons.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all those things, but I decided to use only the Miss Nelson main kit papers and see what I could come up with.  I did throw in a bit of stitching and of course tools from my stash to help me out :)

 photo onbeingwall_zpsaa5097d7.jpg

In the white space, I decided to use my Silhouette and cut multiple arrows in white.  I layered the tone on tone and stitched across the rows.  The word bubble you see is cut from one of the patterned papers. I then used my Silhouette to cut the arrow circle.  I typed "the story" on white cardstock & then cut the ends to resemble a mini banner.

 photo onbeingcu2_zps06d3204a.jpg

The aqua file folder opens up to display my journaling.  The small arrow you see at the bottom is cut from one of the patterned papers.

 photo onbeingcu1_zpsf1a208bf.jpg

For the title, I cut out the "on being the new kid" with my Silhouette and then backed it with black cardstock.  Above the title I have a border strip stating "today" multiple times.  This was cut with my Silhouette as well, and then stitched down.

 photo onbeing3_zps9775f84a.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Feel free to upload your own children's book themed layouts to our Facebook page!! We'd love to see what you come up with :)

No comments: