Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello, Quiet Days


This is one of those layouts that has been "percolating" for a while. The journaling is me, trying to be honest and true, along with a reminder to myself to savor this time. (Scroll down if you are interested in reading the journaling!)


To create the title, I used my handy dandy Silhoeutte machine and then added to it with one of the awesome chalkboard style labels in the Miss Nelson kit. I love the contrast between the black and the pastels! To make the "shadow" effect behind the word "days," I used the distress marker first, and then went over it with a white gel pen. 


I was inspired by a layout my friend (and former DT member) Leslie Ashe created a few weeks ago and wanted to do a BUNCH of hearts. I love how they look layered on top of the scribble and paint splatters on the patterned paper. 


Y'all know I love my sequins, and these added just the right amount of random sparkle to the dots on the paper. :) 


Journaling reads:

"For a very long time, I have counted down the days 'til my oldest would be 8 and my baby would be 4. In my head, that would be the perfect equation of ages. they would all be roughly interested in the same activities, there wouldn't be nap times to contend with - nor diapers and bottles. I  had longed to be a mama for so long and babyhood turned out to not be my forte`. 'When they're older,' I thought, 'THEN I can have a handle on this whole mama thing.' (Ha!) I suddenly realized that the ambiguous "then" is all of a sudden NOW. My loud days are now quiet mornings with one little girl at home. Lord, let me embrace the NOW with a passionate and brave heart. I don't want to miss a minute of it." 

No comments: