Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer Memories

Hello fellow scrappers!!  It's that time again . . . time for another monthly sketch challenge!!  This month our simple sketch features three photos and a few arrows to accent your page :)  Feel free to use the sketch as simply a starting point & get creative!!

 photo augsketch600_zpsee28b1cb.png

I used the "Our Summer" kit, along with this month's sketch, to create this page about an ordinary summer day with the kiddos at play :)

 photo summer600_zpse4b7a44a.png

You may notice the white misted circles in the background.  I used a Heidi Swapp mask from my stash and some white mist to create this fun background.  A quick, easy way to "dress up" some plain cardstock!!  You might also notice the stamped image on the cork arrow.  These fun arrows are in the Our Summer kit, but I decided to decorate them by stamping an image from the Dear Lizzy stamp set included in the kit as well.  They are super easy to stamp on & take the ink well :)

 photo summercu1_zpseb21aeba.png

For my title work, I grabbed some washi tape from my stash and layered the Basic Grey white alphas from the kit over top.  Using a brightly-colored washi tape was a great way to show off these alphas!!  I also added a few wood arrow accents and then a cut file from my Silhouette.

 photo summercu2_zpsc1580ae2.png

Alright - ready to join in this month's sketch challenge???  Your entry to this challenge is due August 30th.  Once you have completed your entry, be sure to post it in our Facebook group.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to receive a $10 gift certificate to the Noel Mignon store!! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

No comments: