Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fun stamping technique!

Hey! Good morning!
I am not much of a stamper so it is a bit shocking that I am actually sharing a "stamping technique" today.
Well pick your jaw up from the floor because I am doing it!
Disclaimer: I am pretty sure this is not some earth-shattering, never-done-before technique but I am sharing it nonetheless.
:)
I am going to show you how to make the flower on this card using the teardrop-shaped ink pad in the "Our Summer" kit.


Hint: If you don't have this kit or an ink pad like this, you can also use one of the cateye ink pads.
Then all you need is that ink pad, a sheet of white paper/cardstock, pen, & scissors.


And this is what you do...
1). Stamp the ink pad all over the white paper. These will be your "petals". I use 5 petals for my flower but I stamped a few extra so I could choose the ones I liked best.



2). Outline the petals with black pen. Don't worry about outlining them perfectly. Sometimes the messiness is more fun!


3). Now cut them out. Once again, don't worry about cutting them out precisely.



4). Arrange them like a flower and add a fun center!



Done! Now you have a fun flower to add to a project!


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by the blog today!