Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!

Hi everyone!  Cassie here- and I'm so excited to share my first Noel Mignon layout as part of the Design Team :D  Since today is July 4th I thought it would be fitting to make a 4th of July layout with the amazing Hello Sunshine kit!  I love, love, LOVE the bright and colorful papers and embellishments in this kit- a perfect summer kit.

Since I don't love using red in my scrapbooking layouts I thought I would create my own color scheme to do a non-traditional 4th of July layout.  I chose to use aqua, yellow, gray, brown, and orange.  These colors make a perfect summer layout without being overly '4th of July', which is just what I was going for.  I really loved the Jillibean Soup polaroids included in the kit and decided to use them to house my photo's but also made little mini collages in the layout.  If you look closely you can see the plethora of kit items layered and housed in each little collage :)





I hope you like my first layout and more importantly I hope you have an awesome 4th of July!!!  Here in CT I'm hoping for just one more day without rain for a family cookout on the beach :)


No comments: