Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Joy


I've had a lot of fun working with all the new goodies that were packed into the Country Lane kit. I must admit, I've been hoarding the beautiful yellow Pink Paislee paper all month long. Since I'm down to my last layout of the month I knew I had to use it since I rarely have time to go back to a kit once I start in on a new one.

The yellow rays and black "Today" paper looked great together so I started with those and went searching for a photo. When I found the picture of my daughter running through  a field of wildflowers I knew it would be perfect, especially paired with the Elle's Studio "Pure Joy" stamp which inspired my title.

To add a little texture to my layout, I stitched some of the rays with white thread to add some detailing without taking away from the photo.

The "Pure Joy" tickets were stamped using the Elle's Studio stamp set included in the Country Lane kit.
I typed my journaling on vellum and stamped "this moment documented" directly above the journaling with the included stamp set.
 I topped it off with some stickers and brads.

The Country Lane kit is sold out, but you can pick up the Paper Only kit in the shop and play with some amazing papers.

Thanks for visiting today! I'll be back next week with a project from the brand new June kit, Beach Blvd!

1 comment:

Lynn K said...

So pretty Diane! I love your photo and the yellow paper is definitely a FAV!