Monday, May 27, 2013

Growing


Ever have a layout that looks one way in your mind, but it turns out totally different when you're done?  That's exactly what happened here.


My layout started with the rulers in the Crate Paper Measurement paper found in the Country Lane Kit and the idea to focus on how much Hartly has grown in the past two years.  I especially love that the rulers have months on them, so I could mark the date the pictures were taken.

Originally, I pictured the rulers being vertical and neatly tied with a bow and the flower. However, once I added my pictures and began to layer various elements from the kit such as the butterfly polaroid, journal card and rub ons everything kind of shifted.


And that's the exact reason I love these kits.  Everything coordinates and makes putting a layout together so much easier.

I also love the veneer pieces in this kit especially this little guy which I  inked and stamped with a sentiment and added to my twine bow.


Even though it's not a thing like what I originally planned, I like it. A lot.

Thank you so much for letting me join in this month as a guest designer. I have enjoyed every minute of it!

3 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Amazingly precious you are the reason I am a new kit subscriber!!!!

Lynn K said...

Beautiful Layout Sara! Adorable pics and the design is lovely!

Diane Payne said...

You did a fabulous job guesting this month, Sara!